The free event was expected to attract up to 170,000 spectators and would run for four days from Thursday.
RACQ spokesperson Lucinda Ross said road closures would come into effect from midday Wednesday with most of traffic disruptions to impact the Broadbeach area.
“Several roads will be closed for the event so it’s worth checking RACQ Road Conditions for the latest on traffic before you set off,” Ms Ross said.
“Those heading to the event should be aware there’ll be limited parking, so consider catching public transport and leave the car at home.
“G-Link tram services will be extended on Saturday and Sunday to 11pm so taking the tram would be a great way to get to and from the festival”
The following roads would be closed from noon Wednesday 15 May to 11am Monday 20 May:
- Surf Parade between Victoria Avenue and Queensland Avenue
• Queensland Avenue between Jubilee Avenue and Federation Avenue
• Victoria Avenue between Gold Coast Highway and Surf Parade
• Surf Parade between Victoria Avenue and Charles Avenue
• Local access only of Albert Avenue between Old Burleigh Road and Surf Parade
• Local access only of Surf Parade between Capricornia Avenue and Queensland Avenue
• Taxi rank would be relocated to Surf Parade bus-stop (between Victoria Avenue and Charles
• Access to the Oasis Shopping Centre via Charles Avenue from 6pm, Thursday May 16 May to 2am, Monday May 20.