RACQ spokesperson Clare Hunter said there were currently eight roads closed across Queensland, due to flooding.
“We’ve already seen a lot of rain and with more on the way, the best option, is to avoid unnecessary travel,” Ms Hunter said.
“If you must be on the road, look at our Road Conditions website before you leave home. If you do come across a flooded road, never attempt to drive, walk or ride through it. Flash flooding is always a risk and comes without warning, so you can be caught out very quickly if you’re not careful.”
Road closures as of 7am Tuesday 1 January:
- Mulligan Highway, Lakeland
- Peninsula Developmental Road, Coen
- Davies Creek Road, Mareeba
- Peninsula Developmental Road, Laura
- Mossman Daintree Road, Daintree
- Mulligan Highway, Desailly
- South Johnstone Road, Boogan
- Coen River Bridge, Coen
- Mossman Mount Molloy Road, Julatten had reopened late last night